Making a Difference at Years End....
The end of the year is a popular time to make charitable donations, and today is your last chance to do so in 2012. For some it’s a last chance to give before the tax year closes. Others find themselves in a Christmas kind of spirit and share that by giving to their favorite charities.
Making a difference in 2012 - Catnip and Tails Rescue Review.
Our biggest year so far for rescue and only possible because of your continued support!
· 2012 CAT intake = 271 Felines, 16 Canines
· 2012 Total Adoptions = 240 Felines, 11 Canines
· 2012 Transfer/Released to Rescue/Others = 53 Felines, 0 Canines
· 2012 Total Veterinary Expenses exceeds $15,000
· 2012 Litter/Food Expenses exceed $4,000.00
We are a no kill rescue which provides all the necessary vetting, care and/or rehabilitation for each animal that enters our rescue, including those felines that test positive for FIV or Feline Leukemia. Our primary focus for rescue is pulling animals from high kill or overcrowded shelters and placing those animals in foster care until they find an adoptive family of their own.
· CAT was approved as a non profit 501c3 rescue.
· We assisted at 3 separate hoarding cases and networked placement for all animals seized.
2012 "Feel good" moments were…
· reuniting "Annie" a cat left in California when her disabled owner had moved to Council Bluffs 3 months prior. Feeling the grief of the separation was almost too much to handle during the owners rehabilitation and our networking prayers were answered by a "Sky Angel" who flew Annie to Omaha to be reunited with her owner - We love you Susan.
· Another desperate call landed us "Andre the blind cat" whom miraculously escaped being killed on a race track during live races and following some much needed medical care and surgery, Andre was adopted and will forever be protected and loved by his new dad Jose.
Through your donations, together we can continue our mission of rescuing, caring for and offering second chances to some amazing animals in 2013. Process your donation through the Paypal donation button above. Mailed donations can be sent to:
Catnip and Tails Rescue, Inc.
19012 Perry Road
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Make a tax-deductible gift to Catnip and Tails Rescue before the year closes.
Thank you and God Bless for a safe and healthy 2013.